Thursday, February 15, 2007

Damn Fawhawk!

Remember when I gave myself a haircut a few months ago and I completely messed it up? Well it wasn't the last time I messed up. I just don't think the hair clipper and I ever going to get along well, ya' know....Ever...

It happened over a week ago when we had our last soccer game. It was a playoff game - in fact, it was our first and only playoff game. So I figured I wanted to go out with a BANG. I was thinking of trimming my hair and giving myself a fawhawk. Not just a regular fawhawk - it would be the famous Beckham's fawhawk.

So the night before the game (it was midnight, to be exact), I was in my room, standing in front of a wall mirror, holding a clipper, and praying to God hoping that I would not mess up again like last time. I put on clip #1 and then started trimming both sides of my head - including the back side and leaving the middle side intact.

30 minutes later, I had successfully formed a fawhawk. I gave a pat on the back to myself while admiring it and said stupid things like "Good job, Sat. You definitely look like Beckham." "Good God, you look fabulous with that fawhawk. Hell, even that fawhawk look more fabulous than you!"

Yes, I know, I know..I can be so vain sometimes...Hahhaha.. Hell I even applied some gel to my fawhawk before I went to sleep just to see what I would look like with the hair gel on. I looked so damn perfect with the fawhawk. I felt like Indonesian's David Beckham.

The next morning, I woke up and stood in front of a mirror again for a few minutes only to find my so-called Beckham's fawhawk was not aligned right. Yes, the damn fawhawk went sideways. I didn't even realize it last night because I did it in a hurry since it was already midnight when I started.

After cursing like a sailor for a few seconds, I went to get my clipper, put on the clip #1, plugged the damn clipper to the outlet, and started fixing my fawhawk. The whole process only took a couple of minutes. Afterwards, I unplugged the clipper, cleaned it, and put it back in its case.

So I started checking my hair again just to see if I had missed a spot, or if there's something wrong with the fawhawk again. Then I thought well maybe I should trim the left side a little bit. Yeah just a little bit. So I grabbed the clipper, plugged it, and started trimming the left side.

2 seconds into it, I began to realize there was so much hair coming off my head. Hmm that's weird..I mean, my hair was already super short and there wasn't really a lot of hair on my head to begin it with this morning. Then it hits me.

I forgot to put the f$#&@#* clip on.

So what happened next?

Well after (yes, again) cursing like a drunk-angry-sailor-who-just-found-out somebody-stole-his-bottle-of-whiskey, I was forced to shave my entire head, including my 6 hour-old Beckham's fawhawk.

I ended up looking like David Carradine in Kung Fu (He plays as a shaolin monk - in case you haven't seen it).

Heh...So much for a fawhawk huh?

No comments: